Default Reformat Problem!

Hello there, I've been to have come across a problem! Ok, i think you guy's know now i have a 2ND HD and it's an 80GB but if not then sorry for not tellin ya. Well anyway i booted with my windows xp Pro CD and i pressed F8 and agreed and then pressed enter to install windows! it found that i had windows all ready installed but it didn't come up on the formating menu? am i doin something wrong?

They is a pretty good step by step here:
    http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winx...dhdd/index.htm

The reformat comes a few steps into the process. Charlie

You can always format first if you want, but it isn't really necessary.

thx Grim322! Note - I have all my Motherboard driver's and .EXE program's and driver's for everything else. :wink:

Member Help2Go Moderator

Well to re-format, you have to delete the partition and create a new one. If of course that's what you mean. With 2 hard drives installed and if you don't want to completely erase the 1st one and want to just do an 2nd install on the 2nd hdd, then just select the "unpartitioned space" and create a new partition on it. After you create the partition on the new drive (or delete the partition from the old drive) then select the partition you want to install windows on and press enter. After pressing Enter to select which partition to install on, you then get the option(s) to format.

Partieā„¢

Ok... guys thx for your help but... i've installed Sp2 and at first i was afraid of getting the blue screen of death cause i've done 2 windows repair's doo to viruses. Well my copy of Xp is Illegal and i wanted to make sure that Automatic update feature would work! it's funny... last night i went to there windows update site and it said my product was... invalid but... on the left bottom corner i saw it said ( Note - this feature only affect's people with a non-Geniine windows. And then it said that havin automatic updates on you can still get the updates but can't just go to the site whitch i think is very stupid cause myself can still get the updates.

but i am buying a Legal copy soon. Well thx for your help guys!

Note - windows boots 10% faster with Sp2 and IE runs better. Plus+ i got my firewall thing fixed.

Get the legal copy and the majority of your problems will go away. The reason Microsoft has decided to allow critical updates to go to illegal copies of XP is because without them, the illegal systems become breeding grounds for viruses and other problems that eventually spill over into the legal systems. Getting rid of all of the illegal copies of Windows would make the internet a safer and cleaner place for everybody.

Legal copy of windows
    Anti virus
    Firewall
    Anti spyware
    and most important
    COMMON SENSE will eliminate almost all problems with viruses and such.

Charlie

I know! I should be getting a Legal copy soon