Default Dates appearing backwards

Hi!

I downloaded a demo version of an invoicing program a few months back and have been having problems with the dates on my computer (all programs) appearing backwards, that is dd/mm/yy instead of mm/dd/yy. I uninstalled the invoicing program when the free trial expired, but I am still experiencing the problem.

Ordinarily, I would write this off as a minor annoyance, but it is interfering with my ability to create critical spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, a program of which I happen to be extremely fond. I noticed that this problem has also been carried over to my Dell Axim Pocket PC.

I truly appreciate any help you can render. Thanks!

That is the European way of showing dates. Check your regional settings. Go to control panel, DATE TIME LANGUAGE REGIONAL OPTIONS, then click on CHANGE THE FORMAT OF NUMBERS DATES AND TIMES. Select the United States and all should be well. Charlie

Looks like the program has set you to the proper British date format :lol:

To get back to the incorrect U.S format try going into control panel then date, time langauge & regional options. Now change the format of numbers, dates & times. Select English (United States). Hit apply & OK.

Sorry Grim, your post wasnt there when I replied. You must type faster than me

Default Thank You

Thanks so very much for your quick and fun replies. I'm much obliged, not to mention embarassed over such an easy fix. Thanks again.