Default UHOH i've got problems

for some reason the other day my computer started to act up, its really delayed and takes along time to do anything....such as close pages or any thing i try to do with the mouse that involves clicking.I checked task manager and there is alot of things on there but i don't know what belongs and what doesn't. I have checked for viruses and nothing shows although it is an online virus scan(not sure if that makes a difference) Any who is there a reason this would start happening?i have defraged and scan disc , anything i could think of and nothin helps... any advice? i have windows xp and actually since i've done updates it started acting up is that possible?

How big is your Hard Drive and how much of it are you using ?.

Really should try to keep it no more than 80% full or you can experience slow downs. 80 gig HD should have no more 64 gig used, 40 gig no more than 32 gig, etc.

Cheers

You could try 'System Restore' to a time before recent updates were installed and see if that makes a difference. If you restore and it's ok then the issue must be the updates. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome