Thread: Checksum Error

Default Checksum Error

I have a checksum error in bios of P111 600 XLM. Cannot load windows. Set disk for windows 98se informs me that computer has no hard drive. Also states that system could be infected. Have removed CMOS battery for over a day, but system still the same. Ideas please? Many kind regards, Lionel Jones

Member Help2Go Moderator

the checksum errors are because you haven't configured your BIOS after removing the battery. Go into your BIOS Setup program and set the date and time and any other settings that need to be changed. Also, if you know the motherboard, why not check for an update?

Partieā„¢

Default Checksum ERROR pentium 3.

Thanks for the reply. This is a great response, but I am not knowlageble enough to follow what was suggested. How Can I get into the bios from the startup disc? All I get is that the C drive is not present so I am also unable to access the cdrom drive. Any further comments please? Kind regards, Lionel Jones

most computers access the BIOS by tapping the DELETE key during start up. It actually only needs to be hit once, but at the right time. After the initial screen comes up, it should say hit (something) to enter set up. It is usually delete, but also may be one of the function keys. Charlie

Default Rating for Party Grim322

This sounds great. Looking forward to trying itrd to trying it No one in my immediate area offered this advice.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I believe Mesh is an HP? If this is correct, the function key to depress is either f1 or f2 and for laptops its the Esc key.

You also mention that you've taken the battery out. Did you check it to see if it's still good? They usually last from 3 to 5 years.