Default ActiveMovie Window Error

I hope someone might be able to help with this one. I am trying to play the video game Morrowind on my computer. THe first time it worked great. Well I tried to play it today, and as soon as it starts a little black box called "ActiveMovie Window' keeps popping up, and it won't let me play. Any ideas?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try this: in Windows Media Player go to Tools menu> Options> Preformance tab> Advanced button> disable "Use overlays" in the Video Acceleration section> OK and close WMP. The ActiveMovie Window should now be inactive. Keep us posted.

Ok, I did that, and I went to play the game, and again I got that window. It took it a little longer than before. Any suggestions?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I suggest you go here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...sxp.moviemaker and put the question to the MS experts .. seems as though they are having their share of problems with ActiveMovie. Do a search before asking a question, your answer may be there .. somewhere .

Ok, thanks I will do that.

i encountered the same problem running XP SP2 plus windows media player 10 and k-lite codec 2.52. i uninstalled win media player 10 and reinstalled 9 but the problem still occurred. then uninstalled k-lite codec and reinstalled win media player 9 again. finally the problem was over. now, i will try to install media player 10 again no k-lite installation hoping that the error message will not appear. i'll post new message soon.

i installed win media player 10 and that activemovie error did NOT occur so the problem is somewhere in the k-lite codec - it could be linked with windows media player classic that can be installed by k-lite codec - i'll check that

the problem is not in the media player classic. i installed separately installed vobsub, divx and xvid then the problem occurred again. afterwards, uninstalled divx, no luck the problem is still there. then uninstalled xvid and the activemovie error disappeared. finally installed divx 6.0.2 and i have not encountered that annoying problem. now, i'll install k-lite but will clear the x-vid from k-lite's installation

ps: the xvid codec is from December 2004 ver 1.0.3. but there is new one XviD 1.1.0 Beta2 - 04042005 but installing the latest version caused the activemovie error message to re-appear and it really pissed me off. get rid of xvid codec as it is the cause for activemovie error