Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how do i enable java in my browser

WHEN I TRY TO PLAY CERTAIN GAMES ON THE NET, IT SAYS THAT JAVA IS NOT ENABLED
    Kimberley

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Go to www.java.com and download it.
    It will automatically intergrate with your browser.
    Having said that remember that java can also be used for malicious attacks so make sure you have your firewall up and running.
    Using Firefox with the "No Scrip" extension easily allows you to temporarily or permantly allow Java in individual sites.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I'VE TRIED THAT, HOWEVER IT TELLS ME I ALREADY HAVE IT SO I NEED TO UNINSTALL FIRST. I CANT DO THAT BECAUSE I AM MISSING THIS FILE:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.
    5.0_04\JavaHome :cry:
    Kimberley

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you tried Restore to a time before the file was missing. Restore points save the registry settings, so hopefully it will be there. If that fails, try installing an older version of Java, get that working and then try a fresh download.

HI CANUCK...GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN. I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY OWN PERSONAL HELPER MAN, HOWEVER WHEN MY LAST QUESTION WAS ASKED BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU, I REALIZED THAT IT AIN'T ALWAYS ABOUT ME. :cry:

NOTHING I HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT IS WRONG WITH MY LITTLE PC BRAT HAS BEEN CORRECTED. ALL THINGS THAT ARE WRONG ARE:

1. NO HELP AND SUPPORT FILES-(MAYBE THEY ARE ON VACATION)
    2. EVERY RESTORE POINT I TRIED, HAS FAILED
    3. CERTAIN SITES I ENTER ARE NOT JAVA ENABLED
    4. UNABLE TO UNINSTALL JAVA BECAUSE OF A MISSING HKEY FILE
    5. SOMETHING IS WONKY WITH MY MET FRAMEWORK
    6. COMPUTER IS SOMEWHAT SLOWER

NOW HERE IS THE THINGS I DO THAT HOPEFULLY HAVEN'T BROUGHT ON THIS PC BAD BOY BEHAVIOUR:

1. I OPEN UP THE TASK MANAGER, OFTEN, TO END CERTAIN TASKS THAT I DONT RECOGNIZE THAT ARE USING A LOT OF CPU

2. I DO THE CLEAN DISK THINGEE OFTEN AND I ALWAYS CLEAN WHATEVER AMOUNT OF SPACE IT COMES UP WITH

3. I CANT REMEBER ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW.

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY MY COMPUTER IS SLOWER, BECAUSE I HAVE 86% FREE MEMORY ON IT. I SOMEWHAT UNDERSTAND WHAT VIRTUAL MEMEORY IS...OH THAT REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER THING I DO... I GO INTO THE SYSTEM WINDOW AND I CHANGE THE VIRTUAL MEMORY IN THE ADVANCED TAB.

SO...HOW BAD AM I WITH TINKERING WITH THE PC...THE WAY I LOOK AT IT THOUGH, I WONT LEARN ANY OTHER WAY.
    Kimberley

Kimberley

How about turning off the the CAP lock. Typing in all caps is really harder to read and also considered by many as "shouting"

BG

sorry... 8O
    Kimberley

Hi Canuck...good to hear from you again. I thought you were my own personal helper man, however when my last question was asked by someone other than you, I realized that it isn’t always about me.

Nothing I have told you about that is wrong with my little pc brat has been corrected. all things that are wrong are:

1. No help and support files-(maybe they are on vacation)
    2. Every restore point i tried, has failed
    3. Certain sites i enter are not java enabled
    4. Unable to uninstall java because of a missing HKEY file
    5. Something is wonky with my met framework
    6. Computer is somewhat slower

Now here is the things I do that hopefully haven't brought on this pc bad boy behavior:

1. I open up the task manager, often, to end certain tasks that I don’t recognize that are using a lot of CPU

2. I do the clean disk thingee often and I always clean whatever amount of space it comes up with

3. I cannot remember anything else right now.

I just do not understand why my computer is slower, because i have 86% free memory on it. I somewhat understand what virtual memory is...oh that reminds me of another thing I do... I go into the system window and I change the virtual memory in the advanced tab.

So...how bad am I with tinkering with the pc...the way I look at it though, I wont learn any other way.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Kim,

You've got a lot of things going on here and I'm not sure what should come first. There is a fix for the lost Help & Support, but I think that most would probably be fixed if you did an XP Repair. Before we get into that, you could try reinstalling the 'last known good configuration'.
    Reboot your computer while holding down the F8 Key. At the Advanced Options Menu select Last Known Good Configuration and press the Enter key.

See if that helps, in the meantime if other members can think of a better way of fixing your problem without going through the Repair route they will post here too.

Dear, Dear, Canuck...
    I may sound like a novice but I ain't. I have done all that...NEXT!...LOL
    Kimberley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast