Default Monitor goes to standby ??

hope someone can help. On certain games like Will Rock and FarCry, after the introductions when the game goes to the first screen of the game itself the monitor switches to stanby mode, obviously the monitor not receiving a signal, but what can cause this :cry:

Normal use i.e internet, MS Word, Excel, there are no problems.

My system
    Asus A7N8X deluxe running Athlon XP 2400, Inno 6600GT GFX card(driver 76.45, Directx9.0c) 1.5GB memory. 2 HD's IDE 40GB, Sata 80GB).
    Windows XP (recently upgraded to service pack 2).

Would it be worth trying a older driver for GFX card, is service pack 2 a problem.
    i'm just stumped on this one.
    TIA

If the problem started right after installing SP2, it can be removed and see if SP2 was the problem. While we recommend SP2 be installed, it has been known to cause problems with some programs.

If these are on line games, maybe get better answer from the gaming site that in a general Q/A PC forum.

Cheers

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Make sure all your drivers are updated. SP2 made changes which required many manufacturers of add on cards to release new drivers and firmware.
    One thing that SP2 may hav changed is the power settings.
    Click Start, Control Panel, Power Options and either alter or set the Power Schemes to Never.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.