Thread: WEB PAGES

Default WEB PAGES

I am using Microsoft Frontpage 2000 for creating a couple of pages to be uploaded on a website. When I see it normal mode, it is fine and the colours and font are what I want. When I see it in perview mode, some of the colours are gone and also font size is reduced. However, I have tried the same thing at one of my friend's PC, there is no such problem there. Can somebody suggest me if I have to load some additional software.

AVINASH

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Web sites us what are called web safe colors and fonts. These are 217 colors and 13 fonts that every computer would have available.
    If you use any color or font outside that limit then what you see is Front Page showing you what others are likely to see.
    If you wish to use different colors and/or fonts then you need to create an image and import it into your web page. The fonts then become a graphic and will appear verbatim. Colors will still depend on the visitors computer. Have a look at http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/schools/ca...fe_colors.html
    When choosing a color the rule is use any combination of double numbers eg. #990033 or #662255
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.