Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why can't I restart/shutdown my computer?

This problem started happening recently, and it's not that Bad but it utrks me. Everytime I go from the start menu (or any other thing that would shutdown the computer, like after installing a program sometimes it asks if you want to reboot yout computer"

My computer would just say like "Ending Task Panel" (being that is one of my programs and stuff) but then it wont shutdown. The only way I can shutdown is by manually doing it.

I tried to use registry fixers but that didn't even help, I think it even made it worse =\

I used system restore about a week back (when I didn't have this problem) and it still doesn't work.

Someone told me about "Booting my Partion". Anyway, need the help.

Thx =D

Windows version????????????
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I have Windows XP Home Edition.

SP2

See if the link below is helpful.

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Thanks for the link. But i'm not sure if any of the troubleshooting abides to me in terms of the factors they mentioned =\

ehh -0.0

im in no rush, just thought this topic was lost. So i'm just posting to see if there is any other advice

Thx in advance

How could think it could be lost, it was just posted today ? We don't have a heard of helpers just waiting in the wings. Remember this is a free site, unless you are donating

Need to have patience here.

BG

The time most be screwy 0.0

I posted it yesterday around 5:00 ??

And just updated my response today (around 1:45 im guessing??)

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Somethig is definatly wrong with the date/time on the site .. it has been an ongoing problem, soon to be rectified I believe.

In the meantime, have you tried a chkdsk? Go to Start>Run> type in chkdsk /f (note the space between the k and /) >OK. A window will probably tell you to reboot the PC, when this happens chkdsk will run through its process. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Somethig is definatly wrong with the date/time on the site .. it has been an ongoing problem, soon to be rectified I believe.

In the meantime, have you tried a chkdsk? Go to Start>Run> type in chkdsk /f (note the space between the k and /) >OK. A window will probably tell you to reboot the PC, when this happens chkdsk will run through its process. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
    im confused

i typed in chkdsk /f in run. It askd about checkin volumes when my comp restarts. I typed i Y (yes). But then you said do chkdsk /k (whne i did that the box just appeared for a second and then closed) and you reexplain the directionsplz? thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast