Default Problem when starting up

Hi there everyone

Thanks in advance for a great help forum. I tried to install Incredimail about two weeks ago, but, it wouldn't install saying that I wasn't connected to the internet (but I was). So, I deleted it, since I couldn't uninstall it, and now, everytime I start up my computer, I get a window asking me to either Run or Cancel.

Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this? I've searched my computer for any trace of it, I've downloaded the Registry Cleaner, but couldn't understand anything there, and I tried Spybot. So, I'm at a loss.

Hoping you can help.

Cheers

Gems

try running Hijack This. If you don't have it, it is available here:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

When you run it, it will generate a list of things running on your computer. Look for anything relating to Incredimail, put a check mark in the box next to it and click on FIX. That should remove it. If you don't see anything relating to Incredimail, post back and we will see if we can come up with another answer. Charlie

Hey Charlie

Thanks for that, mate. I'm in class right now at college, but when I get home I'll give it a shot.

Cheers

Gems

G'day Charlie

I can't THANK YOU enough, mate. You're a STAR! Why does it do that? If it doesn't initially let you install it, and then you delete it, why doesn't it delete everything else? Just for future reference. I'm not going to download anything anymore unless I'm advised what's the best. Is there a site that tells you the best downloads on the web? I used to have Smiley Central, but, I had to put up with soooo much Spyware (which they said they never cause/caused, and then I could no longer even use them on a forum I visit.

Anyway, grazie, mate again for helping me. Thanks to the moderators for this forum as well.

I bow down to you all!

Ciao for now,

Gems

Glad I could help. There is no explaining the software companies. Why does every company think their program should load at start up? I have a program that updates the firmware for my DVD burner, it wanted to run on start up (but i didn't allow it). In 7 months it has updated twice, not something you need running all the time.
    Charlie

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

http://www.download.com/ is a good site to find programs. They say they don't have anything on there that loads up spyware or adware. The few programs I've downloaded have been free of garbage.