Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Make sure you're picking up the right number. It's not the serial number but rather a label with something like service tag. Take a look here http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn .

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Make sure you're picking up the right number. It's not the serial number but rather a label with something like service tag. Take a look here http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn .
    Yep thats where i went and i clicked "what is a service tag"

but it says mine isnt valid or what not

oh well. i'll just forget the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    Most reputable companies have a 30 or 90 day no questions asked return policy for anything bought online. You just got it, call them and tell them it never worked right. Charlie
    well, then dell is a pile of s..t because they say they will take your laptop and try to fix it first and foremost.

not to mention i would have to pay shipping which is outrageous to begin with and i'm not about to spend that much money to ship this one back and have it or a new one shipped back.

geeze, next time i definitely won't buy from an online retailer. :evil:

There is a difference if you are sending back a working unit that you don't want or a non working unit that isn't right. You need to talk to someone at Dell. If you decide to notsend it back, then we will try to get it right. you just need to be careful what you do now so that you don't void the warranty. charlie

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Something is very wrong with this picture!!! I take it you have your purchase receipt from Dell? Phone them up and ask to speak to a supervisor .. give them the receipt number and ask them to supply you with a valid service tag number. I don't understand why you're giving up so easily unless you haven't given us the whole story??

If it has a DEll XP CD with it, you can always restore the system to brand new, you can't have too much on there yet. Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Something is very wrong with this picture!!! I take it you have your purchase receipt from Dell? Phone them up and ask to speak to a supervisor .. give them the receipt number and ask them to supply you with a valid service tag number. I don't understand why you're giving up so easily unless you haven't given us the whole story??

the service tag thing i finally just nwo got to work..it was my mistake i entered in the wrong #

so now im waiting to "chat" with a service rep

no, ive given the complete story.

bought the laptop..everything except the left click button worked fine, i used it only a few hours.. shut it down last night

tried to turn it on this morning and BAM hello BLUE SCREEN

im giving up because im effin pissed off. and im not one to enter into battles.

they FORCED me to pay 89$ shipping for this thing. i figured "aye im getting 34% off of the unit so why not"

NOW i read their return policy and the thing is saying i would have to pay the shipping

thats complete and utter bull s..t

i got a Peice of crap unit and theyre going to make me pay shipping?!

and to the person who responded before you- i guess i'll try that tomorrow but i have a feeling the immigrants who answer the phone wont allow it

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    If it has a DEll XP CD with it, you can always restore the system to brand new, you can't have too much on there yet. Charlie
    no it didnt come with any software like that. *sigh*

and i just tried chatting with someone but it comes up with a "page can not be displayed" message after awhile of waiting.

Okay I got thru

here is my initial question to the rep:

"Just received my Dell Inspiron a few days ago. Used it last night- it shut down perfectly fine. Just tried to turn it on and I get a Registry File Failure. This shouldn't be happening on a BRAND NEW NOTEBOOK. Not to mention- The built in mouse key works only sometimes. I find myself having to click at it more than once to get it to work.

Honestly i'm not very happy with this purchase at all for more reasons then the ones I listed- What are my options?"

waiting for a response now.. Im going to try and hurry and talk to him then I have to leave. I'll post the transcript of this when i return.

OOPS he answered then i accidentally pushed "end chat" instead of send. lol

he said something like, "Let me see if i understand you, youre not happy with your system and want it exchanged for a new one?"

and i was typing in that im not happy with the purchase at all but im not about to pay 89$ for shipping again. i dont feel it is my fault something went wrong and therefore shouldnt have to be held paying the shipping.

Let me try this again. *sigh*

If it didn't come with a restore disk, it probably has directions on how to create a set. Of course you can't do that until you are up and running, but once you are running, you should create a set for backup. Charlie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast