Default icannews.com..... virus??

I need help trying to remove a few things from my computer...I had a ton of problems with it and got alot of it taken care of already...I did disk cleanup, dedragmented and deleted cookies- all have which have never been done since I got the computer 4 years ago....so the computer has been going faster now but I can not use IE...some pop up comes up with the address www.icannews.com/cgi-bin/popupV3?ID......... that is as much as I wrote down.

I was able to do a hijack this log but some of the items I could not find to removed and I am having someone try it again for me today when they come over. I also know to do the online scans but since I can barely get on IE I can't do them yet. Do you have any suggestions on how to get this problem solved? Also I have a SPySweeper trial program that pops up each time I start the computer up and it will not let me delete it in the program files or control panel...

Thanks for your help!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I suggest you post your HJT log here. One of our experts will be able to lead you through the process. Deleting (fixing) with HJT is not a program to use unless you have experience with it and the processes involved.