Default Yahoo Messenger freezes

hi., since yesterday Y! Msnger in my pc is freezing it freezes when I log in and becomes normal after a minute I dont know whats happening . I've scanned my pc for viruses and spywares, nothing was found.

I even reinstalled Y! msnger 5 times, downgraded upgraded but the problem doesn't go

it stays like in the screenshot for a minute,

can anyone help,

Nripen

Mine does that too because i dont have enough RAM for multiple things to be running at the same time.

I have my Yahoo IM to start up at sign on. So, when I log on my computer..yahoo IM, along with many other programs(!) starts up thus causing yahoo to kind of freeze while everything gets itself situated..then yahoo is fine.

That could be your problem as well.

Maybe you just need more memory! Have you tried using some type of window washer on your computer to free up space lately?

everybody i spoke to who has new messenger has the same problem i think it could be a bug with messenger i have the same problem

yeah I need more memory :mrgreen:, hey I just solved my Yahoo Freeze problem, I've Norton AntiVirus 2005. So I was just going through its menus and I clicked options and I saw there was a Instant Messenger protection thing so I unchecked Yahoo Messenger there and it became normal it doesn't freeze at all now , I've Zone alarm so I think there shouldn't be any problem

I've Tune UP Utilities 2004 I'm using this software to freeup space and correcting problems, I've been using it for a long time , it didn't give any troubles. everyone should have it, its useful

There is web site which deals with yahoo messenger problems

http://www.bigblueball.com