Default Linksys WAG54G wireless connection dropping out

Hi guys,

This problem has been ongoing for some time now. I have 2 computers connected to the wired ports on the back of my Linksys wireless gateway which always have a 100% stable connection. The problem is with the computer I have connected via a wireless network card. I seem to lose a connection on this computer a few times a day for no apparant reason. The problem is always solved when I restart the router.

Does anyone have any experiance of this?

Thanks in advance

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

After reading the link in whoozhe's post here http://www.help2go.com/postt16490.html , the first thing that comes to mind is, are these connections broken when a wireless phone or other appliance starts up in or near the computer room?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Yep. Many DECT cordless phones work on the same frequency as WiFi, ususally 2.4 mhtz so even a neighbour using one of those phones could theoretically interfere with a WiFi connection.
    Newer DECT phones work on 5.* Mhtz.
    I am in the mind to keep WiFi for the office for portability and hard wire the home.
    I read somewhere that this guy loves WiFi because he can sit at the pool with his laptop. Why did he bother building a pool?
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.