Default world of warcraft lauched, windows shuts down

My computer works fine except when my son starts Blizzards, World of Warcraft. you can go thru the login screen and once it starts the download a blue screen comes up and says a serious error has occured. Windows has been shut down to protect your computer.
    It gives the following error :
    Stop:00x00000083 0XC000000S,0xBFASE4SS,DXEDAB69DC,0X00000000)
    *** iaLMdd5.DLL-address BFASE4SS base at BFA1F000, Datestemp 40292eDC

The computer has to be shut down. Any other applications work just the World of Warcraft.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program...it doesn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

What are the specs of your computer and what graphics (video) card do you have. My guess is that your video card can't handle the output of the game. Charlie

I will have to get the specs. This game has worked fine for the past year....this is a new problem. There has been no hardware changes.
    I'll get back to you with the specs.

In that case, perhaps you recently added a new program or piece of hardware that conflicts with it. Did you recently update the graphics card driver? Charlie

no hardward or software changes. I even restored it back two weeks when it was working. I then couldn't open it at all...it gave me a fatal error...so I undid the restore.

The 000...83 error is ' OFS_FILE_SYSTEM'. Anybody know what this is? Regards
    EDIT: This seems to refer to Windows NT :?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome