Thread: Shortcuts

Default Shortcuts

Just a quick question. Should you always just keep shortcuts on your desktop or can you have files on there too? Just heard that for memory reasons it's best to just have shortcuts.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What I've done is create a file on desktop called Computer Tools and placed those shortcuts in there, things like Windows Washer, various Reg cleaners, HJT etc. . Another file has less used utilities like Cdex,NVu, Adobe Reader etc. This method doesn't seem to slow things down, and sure keeps the desktop tidy. As far as saving a word file or MP3 file on desktop, there doesn't seem to be any adverse effects, but my daughter does this, and I'll tell you, her desktop looks like a dog's dinner!! I don't know how she finds things .. if she does. :wink:

Well that's cleared that one up.
    Cheers :wink:

Setting shortcuts doesnt really affect much if any at all. I think its more of just a preference. I only have 3 shortcuts on my desktop just because i like to see it nice and clean and not jumbled like other peoples (no offense if you have alot of shortcuts) So its more whatever you like.