Default opening attachments

Im having problems opening attachments in my outlook express. I have Windows xp. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem. The attachments won't open and for the ones that do open they take a long time to open

for slow openners, i suspect your antivrus program. for no openers, i suspect spyware a/o your isp (mail provider) may be scanning for viruses/malware.

goto housecall.trendmicro.com and run a thorough (free) virus and spyware scan... i think you will be surprised what is found.

P2E

Outlook express has a default setting that prevents you from opening attachments that MAY be malicious. e.g .exe files.

To overide this setting in OE: Tools>options>security>uncheck "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Hit apply then OK.

However only do this if you are 100% sure the files you need to open are safe. I tend to leave the setting on and only override it when I need to open a particular file.

As usual it is about trying to find the right balance between safety & functionality.