Default Help...I need Restore Cd's for eMachines W2646

Hello All,
    I need anybody's help...I have an eMachines W2646 (Windows XP Home, Celeron 2.6, 768 meg RAM, Avast! Pro Antivirus, 40 gig HD, and so on)...I desperately need the Restore CD's to reformat the HD...I have looked all over ofr them and I can't find them...and eMachines haven't been that helpful(to no suprise)...If anyone is willing to help..Please and Thank You...

Why do you need to format it ?

The CD you are asking, very well may contain a full version of XP, about $100.00 USD. Generally if you loose a CD it is like losing Money.

Best bet is to go out and buy an new copy of XP home. I some one would happen to give a used copy, probably work beyond 30 days.

We may be able to help you fix it, if you tell us the problem(s)

BG

Default OK here goes...

OK...I had a problem with my internet explorer not surfing the web...so like a dumbass i reformatted windows with a copy of xp pro...while i looked for the restore cd's...so i had copy of xp home thinking i could use the numbers off my computer to activate it...but to no avail it didn't work...so i'm stuck with a computer that has 27 days left for activation...and i'm stuck on what to do...thats why i wanted the restore cd's...to restore it and be done with the crap...

You may have been able to create a set of restore CDs from the computer before you reformatted, but that option is now gone. Did it come with an actual XP installation CD or an E-Machine's restore CD? If it was an XP installation CD and you have your unlock code, you may be able to use another CD and your unlock code, but it will have to be the same version identical to the original (SP1 or SP2).

If it was a restore CD, you need E-Machines help. or you need to buy another copy. Charlie

Default well...it doesn't look good...

As you probably have already suspected...it was an eMachines restore cd...i have installed windows xp home but it said it was with sp2 and i need the one before sp1...so i'm in the crapper...that's why i wanted to see if anybody had the restore cd's for the same machine...but thats like finding a needle in a hay stack...i guess i'm going to have to break down and buy a copy of windows xp home...and do a full install...i was hoping i wasn't going to have to...but that's my luck...well if you have any other suggestions please let me know...

Default Restore CDs for eMachine W2646

I have the restore CDs you need. If you still need them please contact me at heathamATcomcast.net. edit. we suggest you not post your e-mail address on public sites. Canuck.

The CDs are new and sealed in the original package for the eMachine desktop PC W2646.

Regards,
    Alan

I have a eMachine 733i tower that does not boot. It will post but not boot into windows. The OS is Win ME, I need the restore disk for this machine. Can you help me with the project? This computer belongs to a friend of my wife. If I cannot get the system up and running they are gonna have to purchase another. I have attempted to downlaod the drivers for this machine to no avail. I know these are pripriotary systems, and the drivers are on the CD that came with the system. This lady has not been able to locate these driver CD's for this system.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

A new question was posted here. It has been moved to a new topic under the heading New MOBO problems with eMachine.
    This topic is now locked
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.