Thread: new motherboard

Default new motherboard

My friend and I are involved in a argument;

I beef is that you can replace the new motherboard without wiping out the hd, his is that you MUST zero out the hd, which is correct?

You can replace the motherboard without erasing the hard drive. However, it can be a problem to boot due to the new drivers not being loaded on the hard drive yet. For XP, the best way is to do a repair installation of the operating system. This reloads the operating system, leaves your files alone and requires you to load the new motherboard drivers and the Windows updates. Directions here: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Due to problems that can occur, some people just prefer to due a complete reformat and installation. Charlie

Really? Thank you!

That answer was very fast, and I'm happy.

That leaves us at a stalemate, and me with a sore arm.
    Still playin the 'punch the sholder' game yay. :roll:

(I think its revenge now! hee hee) :twisted:

Yes he's right, I actuallu just had a acciden where "my girlfriend" spilled water on my laptop and shorted out my motherboard. :x All I did was replace the motherboard, which it didnt give me to many problems installing, and still had everything from my harddrive. So go punch your friend extra hard this time. :twisted: