Default bootsector problem

I have reformated and reinstalled the windows xp os onto my harddrive twice with the dell system recovery dics. the problem with my dvd-rw returns after i restart the computer,but the dvd+rw work fine before restarting my pc. I believe thier is something in the boot sector of my hd. I would like to erase the dell oem harddrive with dban hd eraser and reinstall the xp os with a new full windows xp oem disc. I have the dell disc for the drivers such as the modem,chipset,network,video driver. the bio screen driver is downloadable from the dell website. if I erase the hard drive and reintall the xp os is thier something else I need to do before or after started this task.

thank you
    bersal

p.s.
    I have run my antivirus in the safe mode. I downloaded a removal tool from nortons antivirus for the sony xcp trojan but nothing was found.

Are you sure you have the correct driver for the dvd burner? Charlie

Default bootsector

I had a new sony dual layer dvd+rw for 8 month without expeirening any problems. the problem started after I used a sony's picture dvd movie on my pc. I downloaded and install the latest firmware for the dvd+rw and I reformated the hd twice. the problem still persisted and I replaced the dvd+rw with a new lite-on dvd+rw but the same problem persisted.
    The sony corp has been installing trojans on peoples personal pc if the play sony cd's in thier dvd+rw.
    this xcp antipiracy software was intened to prevent unauthorized copying of sony cds and dvds. the xcp software has damaged pc's and caused security risks for personal pc's
    I downloaded the norton antivirus removal tool for the sony xcp trojan but it found nothing.
    I read that sony would included this xcp software in dvd's in late 2005.
    futhermore I have not installed the latest firmware for the new lite-on dvd+rw.
    I believe that this xcp software is installed in the bootsector of my harddrive.

Thank you
    bersal