Default installing Sony Ericsson PC Suite for the T630 Mobile Phone

hello!

I'm trying to install, on my PC, the Sony Ericson PC Suite for the T630 mobile phone. I'm following the steps given by the disk that was in the mobile phone box. But when it says to "executer microsoft outlook" which means "run" I suppose, I open outlook express but nothing happens.

What i am suppose to do to "run microsoft outlook" and is microsoft outlook the same element than outlook express?

thank you.

I have been to outlook express site, but I have not found what sony means by "running it".

Outlook express is the free version of Microsoft outlook which is included with windows XP and possibly earlier versions.

As it is a free version it may well not support linking to a mobile like outlook does.

thank you!

how can i run microsoft outlook on my PC? I have used the "run" thing and it does not find it. And i have looked for it in the "program files" and it does not seem to be in there.

As Cruz says. 'Outlook Express' is a 'scaled down' version of Microsoft 'Outlook'. 'Outlook' is a program that has to be paid for to get the full version. 'Outlook Express' is launched/run by going to Start>Programs>Double Click 'Outlook Express'. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Take a look at this, it tells you how to set up an e-mail account http://www.sonyericsson.com/download..._UG_R1a_AE.pdf .

thank you

but what i want to do is to install on my PC a software needed to get the pictures out of my phone into my PC, using bluethooth..

A compact disk comes along the phone in its box: "PC Suite for T630"

It asks me to "run microsoft outlook" in order to go on installing the connection with my phone. I have outlook express and i click on its icon. So the outlook opens but the sofware installation does not go on as it should do.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try this
    The phone is not being recognized by the PC. What can I do?
    If the phone is not recognized please try the following solution in the PC:

1. From the Start Menu, select SETTINGS then CONTROL PANEL, and then choose the SYSTEM icon.
    2. Select the HARDWARE tab and then DEVICE MANAGER.
    3. The device can be found under PORTS, with the COM-port number shown in parentheses.
    4. Note the COM-port number.
    5. From the Start Menu, select SETTINGS then CONTROL PANEL.
    2. Double-click on the PHONE MONITOR OPTIONS icon.
    3. Select the COM-port installed for your device.
    4. Click ENABLE.
    5. Click OK
    6. The Com-port installed for your device is now enabled.
    If no luck, check out this page http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...s1_1&pid=10117 . If that doesn't help, I suggest you get in touch with either the Sony people or the store you bought it from. I'm sure they've had similar questions.