Default Server setup for Medical Clinic

bringing new tech to my business. How can I setup my Main server for a medical clinic, what is a good computer and how much memory do i need?

Is the "tech" a person or is it "technology". Really don't think you have given us enough information to even begin to advise you.

Are we talking about 5 people or 50,000 people, that need access ?

BG

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Here is the definition of server
    A computer or device on a network that manages network resources. For example, a file server is a computer and storage device dedicated to storing files. Any user on the network can store files on the server. A print server is a computer that manages one or more printers, and a network server is a computer that manages network traffic. A database server is a computer system that processes database queries.
    Servers are often dedicated, meaning that they perform no other tasks besides their server tasks. On multiprocessing operating systems, however, a single computer can execute several programs at once. A server in this case could refer to the program that is managing resources rather than the entire computer.
    So can you be more specific on what kind of server you're looking for, or are you just talking about computerizing your office?

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi,

A lot depends on what goals you are trying to achieve by installing a server. Will it be for email? Or a web site? Or simply to share files and printers?

A medical clinic will also want to run some special software, I'm sure, so it would depend on the needs of those software packages.

If you would like some extra help, I run a consulting business (Help2Go Networking: http://www.help2go.net ) - feel free to contact us for advice.
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go

thank you for your quick response,

Well we actually need the server to store all the patients files since the clinic is going completely paperless. we are putting all the patients files through a scanner and then uploading them into our main server. which we are suppose to have a backup of some sort, CORRECT? if so what do we need? there are hundreds of files to store in there and on a average 2-8 new files a day. the type of software we are using is designed for the doctor to completey do all her paper work through her laptop, entering and looking up data, medical billing use and other things.... so we are probably going to need 6 computers linked up to the main server for access. what would be an good enough memory space would we need for this type of deal? what kind of computer? not to expensive (on a budget). what else do i need? and need to have every computer to run off one main printer

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi STELLI,

I would strongly suggest you take osc up on his offer for advice. Contact him through the http://www.help2go.net site. The kind of information you want is best from an expert in the field, which he most definatly is. Here at help2go.com we deal more with the home PC level, not business.