Thread: Arrow on Icons

Default Arrow on Icons

how do I lighten the little arrow on the shortcut icons on desk top without using tweakui

Pent4
    winXP-SP2

thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Here's a simple way, Right click the Desktop >Properties >Appearance tab >Advanced >under Item scroll down to Icon > default setting for icon size is 32, change to 30 >OK >OK. Done

The only thing that happened when I changed the size of the icos was that it made them smaller

That's funny, mine disappeared. I'll see if I can find another fix for you, I know there is one as I used it before .. just a matter of figuring out my filing system!

Found the Registry entry. First you must back up your Registry. Go to Start >Run >type in regedit >OK. When Registry Editor opens click File >Export >create a name for the saved file like 'good registry backup' and save it to a file that's easy to remember should you need to reinstall. >Save. After this is saved, go to the left window of the editor and click the + on the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT line >scroll down to lnkfile and highlight it. In the right window there should be a file called IsShortcut. Right click on this and select Modify. A window will open, in the Value Data box, highlight the number in it and delete (backspace) >OK >OK. You will need to reboot for the changes to take effect. Keep us updated.

Default Re: Arrow on Icons

Quote Originally Posted by suze
    how do I lighten the little arrow on the shortcut icons on desk top without using tweakui

Pent4
    winXP-SP2

thanks

I don't understand why you want to get rid of the arrow. :?

Can you right click on the icon and then go to properties and then under the shortcut tab click the change icon button?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    That's funny, mine disappeared. I'll see if I can find another fix for you, I know there is one as I used it before .. just a matter of figuring out my filing system!

Found the Registry entry. First you must back up your Registry. Go to Start >Run >type in regedit >OK. When Registry Editor opens click File >Export >create a name for the saved file like 'good registry backup' and save it to a file that's easy to remember should you need to reinstall. >Save. After this is saved, go to the left window of the editor and click the + on the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT line >scroll down to lnkfile and highlight it. In the right window there should be a file called IsShortcut. Right click on this and select Modify. A window will open, in the Value Data box, highlight the number in it and delete (backspace) >OK >OK. You will need to reboot for the changes to take effect. Keep us updated.
    I dont have the INKFILE so I guess i'll just leave the little arrow dark
    rather than fool around
    thanks for trying to help

It's LNKFILE but in lower case .. it throws alot of people. Lower case l looks like upper case I.

Got It..Thanks a bunch