Default Windows 2000 cannot recognize my sound card

It displays the following message when I check the status in the device manager "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" this computer used to have Windows Me and I replaced it with Windows 2000, now I can't get any sound. The sound card is called Crystal Soundfusion.

Is there a way to make Windows 2000 recognize the card???

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Go here http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/123/123193.htm , you'll have to sign up to download the driver. Install driver, reboot and see if that helps.

I went to the site as you said and downloaded the driver and still no luck! any other ideas? thanks for the prompt response by the way.

Hallo salala - You could go here - http://www.drivershq.com/default.asp...iodrivers&bn=5 and get a free scan of your driver requirements and see if that helps. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

After you downloaded it, did you install it? It probably downloads as a zip file. You will need to unzip it to a location you will remember, the desktop is a good option. If there is a file called SETUP. click on it and it should autoinstall. Or, if there is a file that ends in .exe, click on it and it should auto install.

If neither of those options work, go into device manager, click on your sound card, and update driver. Browse to your desktop and pick the new driver. Charlie

I successfully installed the driver, but the problem now is that for some reason, I can't even find the sound card in the hardware list; the crystal soundfusion sound card is not even installed. Is there any way I can reinstall the sound card? the computer has now the sound card under "Multimedia Audio Controller", and it is doing the same thing, but this time it is code 28; I tried to find a driver for the multimedia audio controller thing without any success. How can I make the computer find the Crystal Soundfusion sound card and recognize it?? I appreciate all the replies I am getting....Thank you all.

hi sala! this is just a stupid idea of mine.... i did have the same problem with my old pc.. what i found out was i had my sound card losely attached to my pci slot.. i changed the screw and re attached the thing and it worked... just try..

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Do you have Onboard sound as well? If so disable it in the bios settings.
    The souncard makers are no longer in business so it is possible that the drivers are just too old and maybe no longer work if say you have updated Windows and/or the Bios.
    Quite frankly you would do better spending $25 on a sound blaster 16 bit basic card.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Dell Soundcards

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions, I tried all of them to no avail; I finally found out the makers of the sound card to be Turtle-Beach and the sound card is called Santa Cruz, so I went to their site and I found out from there that these cards are made exclusively for Dell and to get the driver, you'd have to go to Dell. I went to Dell's website and found the driver and I am up and running.

Again, thank you all and I hope this information would be helpful for someone else with the same problem.