Default Removing Unwanted Item at Start-up

My daughter has Windows ME and AOL service and accidentally downloaded a US map that automatically comes up in the Start-up menu. We have been unable to find the document on her system so that we could delete it. Could you please help?

this may not work but try by all means, click start, then click run, then put in msconfig then click ok, at the top of the box hit the tab that says startup, then find then thing you want to stop and untick the box then click apply

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Good advice viorith13, just a PS to your instructions. After unchecking the box next to the program > Apply>OK, you'll be asked if you want to restart Windows>do so. When Windows reboots, you'll get a configuration notice, check the box that says 'not to show this window again' >OK.

Default autoruns software

hi! i know it's kind a too late for this reply but i hope somebody have a use for this. instead of using msconfg, try using AUTORUNS... it's a freeware at www.majorgeeks.com... unlike msconfig, autoruns does not require restart, just uncheck some buttons and then those software that runs during startup will be stopped... and unlike msconfigk, this software also shows a lot of information about a specific item. just check it out and probably you'll like it.

here is the quick link to AUTORUNS 8.31
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4686.html

CHEERS[/url]