Default My pc restart by it self!!!!

Hi to evreryone !!!

i have a little problem with my computer it's restarting by it self.

I got windows xp installed on it,when i turn the pc on it shows the options "Starting windows xp normally, Safe mode, etc.

I hit starting normally, and the computer looks is gonna go throught and does the samething again(restart), i choose safe mode and the samething happends any way.

Can somebody give me an idea about it please.....

I'm gonna try running the recovery console but i would like hear the experts first before going ahead.

Was it running normally and just recently started doing this? If so try doing a system restore back to a time before the problem. Charlie

Microsoft's directions:

Use System Restore

After you've decided to use System Restore to revert your system to a previous state, start the System Restore Wizard and follow the prompts. To use the System Restore Wizard, make sure you're logged on as an administrator, and then follow these steps:

1.Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

2.On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.

3.On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you'd like to restore to, as shown in Figure 2, and then click Next.

4.On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, verify that the correct restore point is chosen, and then close any open programs.

5.Click Next if you are ready to proceed or click Back to change the restore point.

6.The computer will shut down automatically and reboot. On reboot, you'll see the Restoration Complete page, and then click OK.

After reviewing the stability of your system, you can choose another restore point or undo this restoration. Just open System Restore and make the appropriate choice. After you use System Restore, you'll have an additional task, Undo my last restoration, on the System Restore Welcome page. Remember that you'll have to reinstall any programs that were installed after the restore point.

If System Restore doesn't work in Normal Mode, it might work in Safe Mode. To use System Restore in Safe Mode, press the F8 key during reboot and choose Safe Mode. When your computer starts in either Safe Mode or Normal Mode, System Restore can be used to capture a working previous state. System Restore can't be opened unless the system is bootable into one of these modes.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Disable Autorreboot. By doing this you will see the error and maybe get some clue to what the problem is.
    Right click "my computer" --> properties --> advanced
    go to settings under "startup and recovery" and uncheck "automatically restart.
    Take note of any error messages you see when the problem occurs and post here.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thank you very much guys, both methods were very usefull.