Default Dimmed Explorer Toolbars

I found this site by chance and alot of searching because of IE Toolbar Problems.
    I found a link to a topic called evil isearch toolbar which helped me resolve some issues with Internet explorer by merging a reg file with the following text called fix_isearch.reg

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoBandCustomize"=-
    "NoToolbarCustomize"=-
    "Btn_Search"=-
    "SpecifyDefaultButtons"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoBandCustomize"=-
    "NoToolbarCustomize"=-
    "Btn_Search"=-
    "SpecifyDefaultButtons"=-
    now this fixed my IE problems but I'm still having the same issue with Windows explorer...

Any suggestions...
    I would assume i can use a similar file with a different Regestry path?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

See if this helps http://windowsxp.mvps.org/greyfolderpane.htm . The only other solution may be to try chkdsk /f to see if there are any damaged windows files. Go to Start>Run> type in chkdsk /f (note the space between the k and /) >OK. A window will probably tell you to reboot the PC, when this happens chkdsk will run through its process. Hopefully this will solve the problem. NOTE: this will set the registry to the default settings which may negate the changes you've already done. Do a backup of registry first and then try chkdsk.

Sorry I guess i should have been a little more specific...
    The regestry fix i did for IE was because I was unable to change*the tool bars, if i clicked on "View->Toolbar" everything was greyed out except "Customize" and there was no option to "Lock Toolbars"....

The reg fix took care of that, so really all i need to know is if there is another path in the regestry for windows explorer so I can do the same thing there?

Thanks for the info though*I did look into it... But i would prefer not to reset my regestry as it is a work computer and if I mess it up again i'll be toast.. lol