Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****** pointer

Default ****** pointer

Can anyone explain why my mouse pointer intermittently zooms in all directions over the screen except where I want to move it ? :roll:

The easiest explanation is that the mouse is worn out. try a different mouse and see if that takes care of it. Charlie

Thanks Charlie..... puter is only 8 months old, have to get anther mouse then... good ol Dell....ho hum

Member Help2Go Moderator

Sorry, to interfere but this wouldn't happen to be on a laptop would it? If it is, and you have one of them trackpoints (the little red or blue dot in the middle of the G and H key) that is more than likely causing your issue. I actually recently had to desloder it's connection from the mobo on my Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop because of the same problems.

Another common problem is if you're using an optical mouse and happen to be using that optical mouse on a glossy or reflective surface instead of using a mousepad.

Just my 2 cents at the end of a post.

Partie™

Quote Originally Posted by PartieHonteuse

Another common problem is if you're using an optical mouse and happen to be using that optical mouse on a glossy or reflective surface instead of using a mousepad.

Partie™
    Good point partie. This is a pc though and events have taken a turn for the worse as the whole bloody pc aint workin at all now. Dell tell me it maybe a memory problem and to take out the memory card and put it back in again as the card can become 'blocked'. I'll try that tonight :roll:
    Gimme back my pen n paper :lol:

Still try a new mouse, I have seen instances when a faulty mouse made the whole system act up. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator

^ yeah, you can get a new mouse for like $9 USD. Dell makes me mad sometimes!

Gimme back my pen n paper
    I think even that is "obsolete" with tablet PC's

Partie™

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    Still try a new mouse, I have seen instances when a faulty mouse made the whole system act up. Charlie
    Errr....would a faulty mouse prevent the computer starting up,namely nothing happens except the computer and moniter lights come on?

Hi Vambo - can you hear the hard drive, fans etc starting up? What operating system are you using. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Hi Vambo - can you hear the hard drive, fans etc starting up? What operating system are you using. Regards
    Fan starts up and sounds as if the computer is running. 6 bleeps sounded as well and from what oddjobs been telling me, I know the bleeps signify certain things going on.OS is windows xp home.
    I'm gonna ring Dell tonight and try and get it sorted. I'll let you all know what happens and thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast