Default Real & Windows media players......

I have both these players and use them very rarely. Recently I opened the real player and clicked on 'File'. I saw some vedio files already there on the drop down box. I clicked on one of them. Nothing happend. A popup came and announced that the file could not be located. Then, I remembered I have deleted this file. When I verified, all the files that are shown there, some few months back I have deleted them.
    Now, my problem is how to delete these names from the drop down box in the real player. I tried several options, no result. I verified the help menu. No use.
    Please somebody respond ......
    Thanks in advance.
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught

Hi vasista - Have a look at this post - http://www.help2go.com/postt16908.html
    It refers to Windows Media Player but the problem seems to be the same. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

You can get rid of the recently opened files list through ad-aware. After it's run, click on the negligible objects tab and there's a long list of stuff like this, one of the things listed is "list of recent clips in realplayer". It even shows where this list is in the registry.

There might be an easier way, but I don't know it.

here's a screenshot