Thread: No Sound

Default No Sound

Speakers will not work. They are plugged in! Drivers up to date. All volume controls are on. Device Manager says everything is working okay. NOT!!

Hi ziper - I can't remember if it's the same for 98 as XP but try -
    Start>Run>Type in dxdiag and click on ok.
    You will, hopefully, see a selection of 'Tabs' work your way through each page and run the various tests. Any errors will be shown in the bottom window of the page below where the 'Test' button is. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default No sound

Hi Galena1!
    Thanks for your help so far, I've already learned a lot. I did what you suggested. All of the direct sound tests reported the same error as follows; 'failure at step 19 (user verification of software) HRESULT=0x00000000 (error code).' I tried to help myself by checking all my books, but couldn't find a way to resolve this? Thanks in advance, Ziper

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This problem can be a conflict between Direct X and the Sound Card's drivers. So you can either update the drivers or downgrade Direct X to an earlier version
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.