Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default i cant hear anything!!

help!im running windows me...my speakers seem to be not working, what is the first step in figuring out what is wrong?

Are you getting any error messages?
    Still using IE?
    Get Firefox!

My Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by riccbhard
    Are you getting any error messages?
    no error messages but...my computer was acting screwy for awhile, like not booting up to windows when i turn my computer on. it would just like stay on the compaq screen with the cursor blinking sometimes in the left hand corner sometimes in the right. but i dont know if that would have anything to do with it. i also took the advivce from a guy that posted below me with the same troubles (no sound) i did the dxdiag thingy but everything seemed ok in there. so..i dont know!!!! help!!! :cry: oh and thank you for getting back to me on this, no one else seems to be able to help with this one. thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Your speakers may be shot. Unplug the speaker/PC connection and try it in the ear plug socket of a radio/cassette. Remember the power needs to be plugged in too. If they work ok, check to see that the audio card is seated well (touch some metal to get rid of static before going in). Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Your speakers may be shot. Unplug the speaker/PC connection and try it in the ear plug socket of a radio/cassette. Remember the power needs to be plugged in too. If they work ok, check to see that the audio card is seated well (touch some metal to get rid of static before going in). Keep us posted.
    ok.. thank you and i will try this and keep you posted. thank you very much.

Default Canuck please respond

[quote="greenley30"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Does it have to be a device that requires and ear plug? I mean all my stuff use headphones.

I am having speaker issues as well. The LED light doesn't come on.

I can hear a CD via headphones.

"The LED light doesn't come on. "

Maybe a dumb question but I'll ask anyway :? Is the power adapter for the speakers plugged in?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The following steps for checking sound.
    1. Checked that the speakers are plugged into the right socket. For amplified
    speakers use Line Out. For non amplified speakers use Speaker out.
    2. If amplified speakers (they have on/off switch) check that there power supply is plugged in.
    3. Use headphones to check if there is any sound at all. This will determine if the problem is the sound card or speakers.
    4. Go to www.maninoz.com and follow the sound tutorial for Windows.
    5. Clcik Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, device manager. If there are any yellow exclamation marks then that indicates a driver problem.
    5. Download and install the latest drivers for sound card or onboard sound. This is essential if you have applied any patches to Windows.
    6. If all fails then chances are the card needs replacing

If you have onboard sound download drivers from the motherboard or computer manufacturer's site
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Yes, the power supply is plugged in. But the light still doesn't come on. (on one of the speakers).

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Does it have to be a device that requires and ear plug? I mean all my stuff use headphones.
    No, headphone plug/earphone are one and the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast