Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default cordless keyboard/optical mouse combo

why wouldn't a optical mouse work with my computer? The keyboard works ,but the mouse won't.

What are the system requirements for the key board and mouse?

BG

Have you tried new batteries in the mouse? Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Have you tried new batteries in the mouse? Regards
    I used the batteries that came with the package. the keyboard works, but the mouse only lights up. I am getting a windows message that says the mouse is not being detected. system requirements are " for use with ibm computers and 100% compatibles.

Hi nicki - Assuming the batteries are ok. What make is the mouse-keyboard. The mouse is probably not being detected by the receiver. The 'signal channel' needs changing. Is there a small switch/button on the mouse and keyboard, probably underneath, that you can use to change channels? It's been so long since I set my own up that I've forgotten the routine :roll: but I will try and dig out my paperwork for more details. Regards.

EDIT: Below is the instructions as supplied with my Microsoft optical kit.

To change the wireless connection channel-
    Press the button on the bottom of the keyboard or mouse. It is a small black button marked 'connect'.
    If changing the channel does not solve the problem, you may need to reconnect the device to the receiver (read on!!). To avoid potential interference, each wireless keyboard and mouse transmits data using a unique code, which the receiver is preset to accept. In rare circumstances, a device may need to be reconnected with the receiver to work properly.

To reconnect the keyboard or mouse to the receiver -
    Make sure that there is nothing positioned that might block the signal between device and receiver.
    Press the button on top of the wireless receiver. The receiver lights blink to indicate that it is in 'connect' mode.
    Press the button on the botton of the keyboard or mouse. The wireless keyboard or mouse may not work for a few seconds until the reconnection process is completed.

Note- You can only reconnect one device for each press of the receiver button, so repeat the process as necessary for the other device. ( You should only need to do this for the mouse .

The button on my keyboard is hard to spot, but it's there. The buttons are about 2/3 mm diameter. Hope this sorts it out for you. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It may boil down to
    for use with ibm computers and 100% compatibles
    . It's quite possible that e-machines aren't 100% compatable.

i have tried all of your solutions, but still the same results. the keyboard works fine but for some odd reason upon boot up, a windows message comes up that says no mouse is detected in the ps2 port. I know there is nothing wrong with the port , becuase my regular mouse works fine. I have also tried the usb port.

Hi nicki - Does your receiver have one cable from it that splits into two at the PC end? The split end has one USB connector and one ps/2? I have two ps/2 ports next to each other on the back of the tower. The split cable connects into these. A USB to ps/2 adaptor is used to enable USB connection at the split end to connect to the second ps/2 port. Have you tried reversing the two connections from the receiver(at the pc?). Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Hi nicki - Does your receiver have one cable from it that splits into two at the PC end? The split end has one USB connector and one ps/2? I have two ps/2 ports next to each other on the back of the tower. The split cable connects into these. A USB to ps/2 adaptor is used to enable USB connection at the split end to connect to the second ps/2 port. Have you tried reversing the two connections from the receiver(at the pc?). Regards.
    yes, I have the setup that you described in the back of my computer also, and i have tried the reversing but i still get the same results ; a keyboard that works, but the mouse doesnt. I still get the windows message upon bootup that says windows does not detect a mouse in ps2. the product is micro innovations cordless keyboard and optical mouse combo

What is the model number ?

BG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast