Default Simple, alphabetcal, way to store customers names, addresses

and work I did for them. I have hundreds of painting and pressure washing customers, listed in notebooks and would like to have them accessable through my computer alphabetically-by address.
    I know there is software available but I am just learning computer and the software I tried was complicated [to me] What is the simplest method of listing and finding them alphabetically by address.
    I want to "search" for Oak St [for instance] and have that bring up the jobs I did through the years that were on Oak St.
    An example of the info I need is--

Oak St 9159
    12/03/05
    941-828-2642
    Roof $200.00
    House $70.00
    Pool enclosure & Deck $75.00
    Driveway $50.00
    All $395.00

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You could use a spreadsheet like Excel (possibly the easiest to set up), if you have Microsoft Office you could use the Contacts setup in Outlook (a little harder) or use a database program like Microsoft Access (probably the hardest for a beginner, but arguably the better of them all). I mention Microsoft, however there are other software companies that are as good if not better.

If you're on a tight budget, why not try Open Office at http://www.openoffice.org/ it's free and compatible with the major office suites.