Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Video driver problem

I am trying to play some games from GameFiesta ( I have downloaded games from there many times and not had a problem ) and keep getting a fatal error message saying ( video mode initialization error. Please contact your video card vendor to obtain latest video drivers.) How do I fix this?

If you will tell us your version of Windows & the make & model of your video card I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

sorry about that! I have windows XP home edition, service pack 2. I ran Belarc Adviser but it doesn't say anything about a video card so how do I find that info?

Hallo sue - On your Belarc report video card details will be listed under the heading 'Display'. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks !

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Pro (Mycrosoft Corp.) [Display adapter]

Hi Sue - I've been to the Nvidia site and it is useless. It looks as though it is under reconstruction. You can get the driver here - http://list.driverguide.com/list/company744/ It may require registration.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

OK, went there did that but when I try to install it I am told that the setup program could not find drivers that are compatible with my current hardware and setup will now exit. :? Now what?

- "Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers."

- "Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove."

XP Video Drivers w/support for your card
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html
    If man weren`t meant to eat animals...
    Why are they made outta MEAT?

I checked my Add/Remove list and there is nothing on it that even sounds like NVIDIA. I tried again to install it, with all my virus protection turned off,I had it turned of the first time also ...and still got the same message! I ran a search for any files with that name and came up empty. ??? :?

Istill have not been able to find the Nvidia drivers so I can uninstall them. I have looked in Add/Remove and they are not there. How do I find them?
    Compaq Presario -Desktop PC-Windows 7 Home Premium AMD Athlon (tm) II X2 215 processor 2.70 GHz 3.00 GB RAM 64 bit operating system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast