Default what is the best way to back up?

I don't have a back up system and want to start backing up, before it's too late...What are the best, and by best I mean easy and affordable, options for a pc?

I think the easiest is buying an external hdd and copying what you want over to it.

We have a program called vice versa pro that we are checking out. We've had the software for awhile now, but haven't had the time to implement it yet. The first method I mentioned is our current backup procedure.

The easiest is with a CD or DVD burner. Simply burn any files, photos, mp3 you want to save and put them away for safe keeping. It is a good idea to save important files off site (in case of a fire that could destroy computer and CDs). You can swap backups with a friend or relative (nothing you wouldn't want them to see) or put them in a safety deposit box. The down side of this method is that you must remember to do it on a regular basis.
    Microsoft has a new program out in beta right now called Windows OneCare that is anti-vrus, defragmenter, firewall and backup in one package. It scans your computer regularly (daily, weekly or monthly) and burns any new files it finds to CD. The first time you run backup, it will backup everything it finds, the after that it only backs up new files. It is free right now, available here:
    http://www.windowsonecare.com/default.aspx
    Charlie