Default Browser windows opening continually

I have read and applied everything that you mention on your help page. Have done this so many times I've made myself dizzy. Despite all this I still have browser windows opening all the time with ads. I followed your step by step guide. I have done it with the internet open. With internet turned off but nothing seems to be working.

I am running XP SP2. I use MacAfee as my security which is 100% up to date. I downloaded Ad Aware, Spybot, CWS Shredder, Windows Updates, Microsoft Antispyware. I have a file which wont let me delete it called ufurm.exe which is in Program Files/Common FIles/ufur. I have tried to allow access to it but to no avail.

Each time I reboot I get a Runbox error message which looks for a different .dll file, dllGetVersion. The last one was dynet.dll, dllGetVersion

Please help...I am at my wits end here.

Can whoever helps me spell it out as I am not totally pc illiterate but not as fantastic as some people :?
    Thanks in advance
    KoKo

KoKo, please do as advised in the link below. Post your log & let the spyware removal experts here at the forum have a look at it & advise you.

http://www.help2go.com/postt9709.html
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Default Browser windows opening all over

Thanks Bear, I have now done the 'right' thing and ran hijack this and posted my logfile in the correct place. Thanks for getting back to me on this. So very much appreciated.

KoKo