Default MSAS won't update??

Hi all

I have it set to autoupdate or I just click on the systray icon for MSAS and collect updates. Two ways of getting them.

This morning I have been all over the web, collected emails as usual and so on. No problem. However, when it comes to MSAS, I get the "can't find internet connection" message below.

I've changed nothing...no settings in firewall/AV/Spybot TeaTimer/SpywardGuard/SpywareBlaster or anything else.

I've just downloadad the latest .exe installation file from M$. Reinstalled.

Still get the same message.

Thoughts anyone?
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

It's a MSAS thing, I get the same message. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out. Charlie

Thought that might be the case. Thanks for confirming, Charlie.

OJ

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

Default MSAS Update issue

I got that screen, too. I'm also set up for autoupdates. And my internet DSL connection is viable when I'm getting it. Started 2-3 days ago. Also got several screens in the same 2-3 days telling me "MSAS updates downloaded and ready to install" and I keep telling it to install them. But I don't think there are daily updates, if you know what I mean. This SW doesn't usually update THAT frequently. My current definition version is 5783.

Curious. Will have to remember to take note of whether that number changes the next time it happens. I also assumed it is a bug MS will work out eventually.
    SYSTEM SPECS: HP Pavilion p6-2120t desktop, Intel Pentium Quad Core, 8GB DDR#-1333MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMS), HP 23" HP 2311 LED monitor, Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller, Integrated sound, HP SATA 16X HD,
    Windows 7x64 Home Premium; Firefox 13.0.1 default; IE8; ATT DSL 2Wire modem/router; Yahoo Web Mail;
    Comodo FW 5.10 (D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

I'm getting the same message, keep in mind folks this software is still BETA so expect things like this once in a while. :wink: :wink:
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

All seems to be working OK this morning. Hope everyone else is OK too.

OJ