Default MS Word - Label printing alignment problem

Hi folks, I have a problem situation whereby when I set up Word for label printing.

I have entered all of the label info correctly - and checked the label size details, - but when I print a label sheet they are out of pitch so that where the vertical pitch should be 1.5 ins, it is coming out at about 1.2 ins.
    Printing individual labels still produces this error.

I have recently re-installed XP and all of my programmes. Prior to re-installation there was no problem with printing the same labels.

Any ideas please?

Member Help2Go Moderator

What labels are you using? Are they Avery? What Brand?

Partie™

Hi Partie, I'm using Avery L7160 labels.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Unfortunately Avery doesn't have an MS Office Template for that product number BUT there may be hope and an easier way. I've found a site that has a "cross-reference" of Avery labels to their brand and they have a template for it. Let's hope it's the same one...

Go here... http://labelsite.compulabel.com/files/templates.asp

Then, in the "Select Template" drop down box select the "399003" product number and click "select". After pushing the select button and the page loads there you'll find a link to download the MS Office Template for that label type. Put a blank, regular sheet of paper into your printer, in MS Office, type out all the info into the template and then print it to the blank piece of regular paper in your printer. After it prints, put that piece of paper BEHIND your Avery Label sheet and hold it up to the light and see if it's printed correctly/evenly, and all that other good stuff. If it is, stick your avery label into printer and print!

Partie™

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Your best choice is to use Avery Wizard from http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp
    Download the version to suit your copy of office.
    The L7160 is included in their templates as is every other Avery product.
    Whenusing it ignore the margin warning Office gives. Accept the Avery settings and you should have no problems.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Partie, the label ref you gave was a 3x10 not 3x7 which L7160 is, but similarly I have downloaded the Avery wizard and run it and it seems to have cured the problem.

Thanks for the help guys.