Default router help needed

i need to get to my computer thought the internet by FTP and my router keeps on taking me onto the config page how do i forward it to my computer.

my router is a Dynamode, R-ADSL-C4, 4 Port ADSL Router (Conexant)

here is there page http://www.dynamode.net/ADSL/R-ADSL-C4.htm

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You'll need to configure your router to do "port forwarding". For instance, if you are running FTP on your PC (the one behind the router) on port 21, you should go to the port forwarding section of your router configuration and forward 21 to the internal IP address of your computer running FTP (usually something like 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x)

I'm not familiar with the configuration of that particular router model, but if you have the manual it should say whether port forwarding is possible.
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go

Member Help2Go Moderator

Go into your routers configuration site. On the left side click the link to show advanced settings. Once that is done do "Virtual Server"

If you're using standard FTP protocol port number(s) (meaning you didn't change any of the port settings in your FTP Server configuration) then this is what you put in...

Public Port: 21
    Private Port: 21
    Host IP Address: 192.168.0.1 (this is depending on what your IP address is of the computer that has the FTP server installed. To find your IP address go to a command prompt by clicking start menu > run > type "cmd" > click "ok" > type "ipconfig /all" [note spacing] > hit enter on keyboard...taht will show ip address of computer, enter that number in the HOST IP Address section.)

If you have lost your instruction manual located on the routers install CD you can download a copy of it in PDF format here...

https://www.intervivo.net/public-sup...DSL_Router.pdf

Partieā„¢