Default Help creating a shortcut

:roll: Hey G`Day, This is probably a very simple task but I`m just not able too wrap my mind around it @ the moment... Here`s what I want to do.. When you get to a "browse" dialog (desktop wallpaper) for example. On the left of the dialog box there are common entries listed.."My Recent Documents, Desktop, Documents, My Computer, My Network Places" How would you customize that pane to have user created locations in it?

And a thanks to steamwiz for posting a link to kellys-korner in a previous article, you assisted me greatly..

Need a little more information, what version of Windows are you running?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

errr, oops, sorry, running XP Pro SP-2., any other info you might need Bear

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Are you talking about the Start Menu that lists commonly used applications. If so this can be configured by right clicking on the task bar and choosing Properties. In the dialog box choose Start Menu then Customize.
    More advance customization can be done by changing to Classic Start menu.
    If you are refering to the left pane of Windows Explorer/My Computer choose Tools the Folder Options. You can adjust the existing windows then choose apply to all under the View Tab.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.