Default DISPLAY PROBLEM??

Hi. I am running WINme. I have been playing cards at Pogo for quite a while. Have cable connection and 256 RAM. Lately my cards don't just "fly" up....they move all herky-jerky and slow. Anyone know what is up with this???

First, try some house cleaning. How much free space do you have on your hard drive? Try defraging your hard drive. The program may be using your virtual memory, which is on the hard drive. If the hard drive is over 85% full or if it is very fragmented, the virtual memory will be very slow. You may also be bogged down with spyware and such which will also slow you down. If you don't already have a spyware removal tool, you can do an online scan and removal here: http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/

It will scan your computer and remove spyware/adware. Anything that ties up your resources can cause your graphics to get choppy.

Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Make sure you have the latest version of Java. (www.java.com)
    I think it is around 5.06)
    If the problem persists and you are using IE try using Microsoft's VM istead of java.
    There is also a problem playing Pogo with Firefox and new versions of java, someting Mozilla refuse to accept as a problem.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am using IE VM already. I have 85% free on hard drive, defrag regularly and use spybot and run anti virus program updated automatically. Until recently...maybe two weeks ago...everything worked fine. This mystifies me. :x

Did you add any new software, hardware, or updates just prior to the problem? Charlie

Charlie...nothing new added.

Hallo kraftkat - There's a few Pogo fixes here - http://www.java.com/en/download/help/pogo.xml
    There's also an email link direct to Pogo on the page. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome