Default NETWORK PRINTER PROBLEM....

Hello everyone, i hope you guys could help me out. I work in a school in the library, and i need to know if any of you know about a good program (software) to control the printing. I want to have control over the network printer using my computer. I want to be able to see all the jobs waiting for my approval. So, if you guys know anything about such software, please let me know the name and about how much i could get it for????? THanks a bunch!!!!

30 pcs are running all running XP

thanks

Hi Migueliters - You MAY already have what you require within XP.
    Go Start>Help&Support>Type in 'PrinterSpooling' and click the green arrow. Click on 'Print Queue Overview', and some information will be displayed in the right-hand pane. Have a look at all of the things listed and also 'Related Topics'. You don't say whether it's XP Home or Pro. Pro may have more functionality over this process. If it's suitable, great!! If not :cry: I'm sure there will be more input here from others. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator

All of that is actually built into windows xp (professional at least). If the computer you're using is the one sharing the printer(s), take a look at this for further configuration settings.

http://www.techexams.net/technotes/xp/printing.shtml

Partieā„¢

You will be able to do all of this through windows XP, more then likely. But if you still have problems, or cant figure something out, there are print servers that are reasonably cheap.