Thread: white screen

Default white screen

Hi All, would it be possible for some advice please, my monitor screen has gone white, l can still see my icons but cannot get my desk top page thingy which l did have as xp ripple, l have been back to display and settings and have tried many times to get it back to normal but it just won`t work, l would be very grateful for any help that anyone could give please, may l also wish everybody a happy christmas/new year.
    jim

I think this has to do with an active destop. Go back to properties and look under all the tabs. I'm looking at a windows 2000 pc right now, so I'm not 100% sure about the following, but look under the web tab and see if there is something about an active desktop. If so, check that box and see if your picture comes back up.

Default white screen

Quote Originally Posted by Leah
    I think this has to do with an active destop. Go back to properties and look under all the tabs. I'm looking at a windows 2000 pc right now, so I'm not 100% sure about the following, but look under the web tab and see if there is something about an active desktop. If so, check that box and see if your picture comes back up.
    Hi Leah, thank you ever so much for your help it worked a treat, merry christmas and happy new year . jim

You're welcome. Merry Christmas to you too!