Thread: Scanner

Default Scanner

I have a HP PSC 750 all in one. When I try to scan it says "Options not set" How do I do that? It works perfectly as a printer and copier but not a scanner. I have Windows XP and am getting frustrated. Any help?

We really need more information. Can you be more specific?? What kind of scanner/printer/copier???

Hi Barbara - The main cause of scanning issues seem to be the underside of the glass needs cleaning or driver problems.
    There's a lot of answers to various problems with this machine here, including links drivers -
    http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/22353
    There's also a link for the manual, if you need it, on the same page.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi are you using the bundled HP software?

If so you could try the approach I use with my PSC 1350. Open my documents, and then go to my pictures, assuming the printer is turned on, select the get pictures option on the left hand page, it opens up Xp's built in scanning function, which to be honest is all most people ever need.

Hope that helps!

If not have you tried downloading the latest drivers from the HP website? And just to check you're not using XP64 are you?