Default system tools disappeared

they used to be there, but not when i click on system tools the drop-down is empty. please help. thanks, boyd.

What specifically do you mean by System Tools?

Where in Windows?
    Still using IE?
    Get Firefox!

My Homepage

Try a system 'Restore' back to a time before the problem. What operating system are you using, 98, XP?
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default thanks for writing.

i'm helping a friend. he has xp. he was trying to get to system restore, via start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. thans again, boyd.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Go to your Start Menu > click "run" > copy/paste this into "run" box "%SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" (no quotes) > click "ok"

that will run the System Restore.

Partieā„¢

Hi again - Try accessing system 'Restore' this way. Start>Help&Support. Type in 'System Restore Wizard' and click on the green arrow. Click on 'Run System Restore Wizard'. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome