Default music thru speakers

How can I get music from my small portable CD player (headphone jack only) to play through speakers?

conputer speakers?? I don;t know if you can. They do sell speakers to hook into cd players though. Just look in the electronics section of walmart or wherever you shop.

Something like this will work:
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=CES10885

This is designed for an Ipod, but will work with anything that has a headphone jack. My daughter uses one with her ipod and it sounds OK.
    Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator

Computer speakers have the same size Jack as headphones do. Just plug your speakers into there...it is output.

If it doesn't fit, they sell adapters http://www.showmecables.com/showProd...ategory_id=350

your local eletronics super store will have one. heck, even your local grocery might have it depending on the size of their electronics section.

Partieā„¢

If you want to hear your computer's sounds at the same time you could leave the speaker set up as it is and connect the CD player into your Line In or Microphone jack socket. You will need to buy a 3.5mm TRS (standard headphone jack) male to male lead but these are literally pennies form most good electrical shops.

Once it is connected make sure that your Microphone or Line in volumes are not muted. You will need to play around with volumes on your CD player and the windows recording mixer (found by double clicking the speaker icon then clicking options> adjust volume for "Recording"> OK) to get rid of any distortion.

Of course this is the slightly longer way round than just plugging it directly into the speakers but if it is a CD player why not just play the CD in the computers CD drive?

Cheers, Dave.