Default Misdirected icons

Help!

Didn' t expect to need your help again---so soon.

The icons on my desktop have gone crazy. When I click on an icon, no matter what the icon (even my wife's Yahoo icon), the icon sends me to the printer instruction screen, which opens up, as though I want to give the printer instructions on how to print a document. Wild!

Need to get my wife's Yahoo icon fixed and pointed to Yahoo, not the printer screen, so that she can click on it to get her e-mail.

Please send the answers to both these addresses:

(edit out)

and also to

(edit out... We do not answer to e-mails, check in to this thread to get your answer. Canuck)

to make sure I get the answers, since Arczip will let me receive messages but not send them.

because I have a toobar that I can click on. (This is not my week: my Arczip account has been messed up, too. I just phoned the arczip tech and got that problem on the way to being fixed, but it will take 12 to 24 hours on their end.)

Thank you for bearing with me.

tonfa

Please edit your post & remove the email addresses, posting them in a public forum such as this is a very bad idea. Just my 2 ยข
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try the fix #4 here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm . There are other icon fixes on the same page if this one doesn't do the job. If all else fails, delete all shortcut icons on desktop and recreate them by going to the program in All Programs>rt click>Send to>desktop (shortcut).

Default Misdirected icons

Thanks Bear and Canuck.

You are right about addresses and pubic forums.