Default My line in will not work

I am trying to transfer music from my audio tapes to my computer. I have attached a lead from the headphone socket on my tape player to the line in socket on my computer but there is no sound comming from my speakers. I have tried to use rip vinyl but to no avail. Could anyone help. Colstel

Right-click the Volume icon by the clock and select "Open Volume Control".

Make sure Line In is not muted or turned down.

-----

If "Line In" isnt there; then right-click the volume icon and click "Open Volume Control" and then click "Options" and then "Properties". Check Line In and click OK.
    Still using IE?
    Get Firefox!

My Homepage

Default line in port

it could be there is a setting in your recording software for "source". I use Music Match 6.0 with good luck, and it has a setting for recorder>source>line in.

I am trying to transfer from my cassette player's headphones onto my computer with no success. I have checked the right boxes on the volume control. I am connected from my head phones to the line in socket on the rear of my computer. There is no sound coming from the speakers. Speakers work from windows media player OK when playing back music. Could there be a fault on the sound card. Ay help would be gratefully appreciated Colstel :cry:

can you please state what program you are using to do this

Quote Originally Posted by trickytiger
    can you please state what program you are using to do this
    I am using RIP Vinyl

ok, i've just tested this program and it works fine for me, so make sure the Source drop-down box has got Line-in selected, also make sure no other programs are trying to record the Line-in.