Default no pictures in Outlook

Yesterday I got hit with Smitfraud/SpyAxe courtesy of my son's browsing habits. Got rid of it OK but am left with a glitch in Outlook that may - or may NOT - be connected.

I have always set in and out mail formatted by default to HTML. With the latest protections of the program Outlook 2003 introduced a security feature whereby all remote images from untrusted addresses are displayed as red X's by default. In order to view the images I right clicked on one of the red X placeholders and specifically told Outlook to download and display the images.

Until now.

When I right click and ask for the images to be downloaded all I get now are the image places with a permanent red X in the corner and nowhere to click to download.

Suggestions as to what's gone awry and how to fix it would be much apprecited. I can't think. Brain's gone.........

Thanks all.

OJ
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try reinstalling Java .. or activating it if you deactivated.

Didn't even think of that. As you know I'm not a lover of java so don't think about it much at all!

Did as you recommended, downloaded, reinstalled, received one e-mail today that required authorisation for pictures to download, right clicked et voilĂ*...there they were.

All back to normal.

Maybe another issue to watch out for with Smitfraud/SpyAxe infections....the residual effect on java.

Thanks, Canuck.

OJ
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html