Default Wireless printing

I have both a desktop and a laptop connected to a wireless router. The desktop has a hard wired printer connected to it. Any suggestions for wireless printing to this old printer? I am thinking of getting a new printer, and would like to use this printer for wireless printing as well. Thanks John

can you please state the make and model number of this printer

Is the printer USB or parallel? Look for a wireless print server that hooks up the same way. The server will pick up the wireless signal and send it to the printer by way of usb or parallel cable. Exactly how to set it up will be in the directions that come with the server. Charlie

thanks for the help. Its an older printer a hp 932 inkjet. I use a usb connected to the desktop. Any suggestions on a good but low cost print server? John

Member Help2Go Moderator

why not just share it via the network? Are your computers already networked together? I.E. can they share files and folders? If they can....the computer that has the printer installed, go into the control panel, right click the printer and click "properties", then click the "sharing" tab and then tell it to share it. Give it a share name like "hpPrinter" or something. Once you've shared it...go to the other computer and tell it you want to install a new printer. During the install process tell it that it's a local printer, then when it doesn't find one connected select the lanman printer options and then you can "browse" for it via the network. AFter it's found and installed, you can then use it via the network.

Partieā„¢